Emotional Fitness – A Three-Week SEL Workshop for Parent(s) AND Child(ren)
March 6, 13, 20 (2019) on Wednesdays from 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm (Three session workshop) at MERGE Performance Institute (2300 John F Kennedy).
This interactive workshop for children ages 6-10 years* + at least one adult is designed to develop skills in social emotional learning (SEL) which includes understanding and managing emotions, setting and achieving positive goals, and establishing and maintaining healthy relationships. This workshop will include interactive experiential activities and each child will be provided two books – Big Life Journal – A parent child growth mindset AND Love Languages for Children. The workshop requires adult participation and provides the opportunity for you and your child(ren) to have valuable conversations in order to successfully develop a plan to continue to grow socially and emotionally as a team.
Research shows that SEL not only improves academic achievement by an average of 11 percentile points, but it also increases prosocial behaviors (such as kindness, sharing, and empathy), improves student attitudes toward school, and reduces depression and stress among children (Durlak et al., 2011). Social and emotional learning (SEL) enhances children’s ability to succeed in school, careers, and life.
• Three 75 minute sessions (March 6, 13, 20 for 2019)
• 6:00-7:15pm located at MERGE Performance Institute (2300 JFK Rd)
• Adult/Child(ren) participation
• For children ages 6-10 – *age negotiable based on individual basis, just contact us and lets talk!
• Interactive experiential activities
• Two books: Big Life Journal – A parent child growth mindset AND Love Languages for Children
• Established success commitment contract between parent and child(ren)
Cost is $80.00* per child/adult pair for all three sessions – $40 for each additional child if registering as a family. All proceeds go toward a local educational support organization, See George Go.
This event is brought to you jointly by MERGE Performance Institute and Spine & Sport Chiropractic.